GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowering vine for little sun (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/208988-flowering-vine-little-sun.html)

mkr5000 08-01-2014 05:39 PM

Flowering vine for little sun

Tried growing an autumn clematis in this spot but no flowers -- gets 2 - 3 hours of late morning sun (more like 2).

Anyway, want to find a vine perennial or annual that will give a nice show and nothing invasive.

Been wondering if black eyed susan vine will flower in this little sun?

None of the clematis, morning glories etc will work I'm sure.

Hyacinth bean?
Non invasive honeysuckles?

Any ideas? thanks

David E. Ross[_2_] 08-01-2014 10:53 PM

On 1/8/2014 9:39 AM, mkr5000 wrote:
Tried growing an autumn clematis in this spot but no flowers -- gets 2 - 3 hours of late morning sun (more like 2).

Anyway, want to find a vine perennial or annual that will give a nice show and nothing invasive.

Been wondering if black eyed susan vine will flower in this little sun?

None of the clematis, morning glories etc will work I'm sure.

Hyacinth bean?
Non invasive honeysuckles?

Any ideas? thanks

Where are you? That is, what is your climate?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

mkr5000 10-01-2014 01:44 AM

Flowering vine for little sun

forgot to mention -- zone 5

you have any ideas for me? thanks.

David E. Ross[_2_] 10-01-2014 05:46 AM

On 1/9/2014 5:44 PM, mkr5000 wrote:
forgot to mention -- zone 5

you have any ideas for me? thanks.

As I live in zone 10a, I can't help you.