GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cross country Nurseries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/209-re-cross-country-nurseries.html)

zhanataya 23-01-2003 01:25 PM

Cross country Nurseries

thanks Michelle for the recipe. I printed it and will try it as soon
as my crop is ready. sorry about the delayed thank you but you post
didn't show up on my newsreader until this morning.

zhan

zhanataya 23-01-2003 01:29 PM

Cross country Nurseries

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:25:58 -0500, Pam
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:54:43 GMT, zhanataya
secretly encoded this message:

Has anyone here done business with
the online company Cross Country Nurseries?

Yup.

Is it as good as it is
presented online?

Yup.

One warning, Cross Country Nurseries is the crack cocaine
of pepper pushers. You think, "I'll just order a few plants"
and then they come in, all healthy and heady, so you think,
"Umm, maybe I have room for a few more" and then it's
too late. Suddenly it's fall, and your counters are covered
with drying peppers, your co-workers glare and huddle over
their plates in the breakroom, afraid you'll sneak a few
extra peppers in there. You find yourself writing posts to
newsgroups with titles like "Help!!!!! Too Many Peppers!"
and scanning magazines for recipes. And then it's January,
and the sickness starts all over again.

Oh, the anguish!

Pam

I don't know whats wrong with my newsreader but yours and Michelles
post didnit hit here until today. I ordered from them. Trimmed down
and trimmed down my list. still ordered 24 different plants. Next
summer I'll be standing on the street corner flagging down cars trying
to give peppers away. I share your anguish.

Zhan