GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bacopa - deadheading (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/209686-bacopa-deadheading.html)

Higgs Boson 08-05-2014 02:13 AM

Bacopa - deadheading

Mine, in planter box on front porch, is looking yucky now that first bloom is finished.

Went on-line and got more or less the same opinion about shearing, but would like to hear from NG members in similar-ish climates (So.Calif coastal) HOW FAR BACK
to cut each stem. I don't want to shock it into giving up the ghost; want more flowers ASAP, but also want to do away with ugly stuff.

Also, some of the replies advocated fairly heavy fertilizer.

Any thoughts?

TIA

HB

Higgs Boson 27-05-2014 03:54 AM

Bacopa - deadheading

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:13:08 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
Mine, in planter box on front porch, is looking yucky now that first bloom is finished.

Went on-line and got more or less the same opinion about shearing, but would like to hear from NG members in similar-ish climates (So.Calif coastal) HOW FAR BACK

to cut each stem. I don't want to shock it into giving up the ghost; want more flowers ASAP, but also want to do away with ugly stuff.

Also, some of the replies advocated fairly heavy fertilizer.

Any thoughts?

TIA

HB

Silly me. Blooming its head off. I've had bacopa before.
Hope too many didn't think I'd lost it.

HB

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 27-05-2014 04:45 AM

Bacopa - deadheading

Higgs Boson wrote:

Silly me. Blooming its head off. I've had bacopa before.
Hope too many didn't think I'd lost it.

HB

Oh no, never, not me, not for a moment....