Old 27-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Tara Inman

Default Lemon tree removal quandry

My husband and I just moved into a new home which has two lemon trees.
One is doing quite well and produces more fruit than we can use. The
other is doing less well, and it's also right in the spot that my
husband wants to rototill and turn into a vege garden.

His reasons are good, and I also want a garden, but I just hate to cut
down and kill a fruit tree. I think that it's probably just neglected
and that's why it's not doing well. But it is large and well
established so wouldn't be easy to just move - assuming we had another
place to put it, which we don't.

Is there something we can do to at least put some part of the tree to
good use if we remove it? Can you donate root stock and have it be
used for a new tree? What about grafting? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated by both of us. Also, I'm not sure what kind of
lemon variety it is.

Tara (in N. California)
Old 27-02-2003, 09:39 PM
J. Farnsworth Wallaby

Hi Tara,

I've got 3+ acres in San Diego County. If you've got a fruit tree that is
not doing well, I'd suggest that you try giving these folks a call. I've
used several of their products on my avocado and fruit trees with
wonderful success...For $12 you could have a more productive tree. Give
'em a [toll-free] call!

http://organa.cc/ProductsLineFrame.htm

Bonne Chance!

Alain