GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   green tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/210187-green-tomatoes.html)

Todd[_2_] 07-07-2014 01:00 AM

green tomatoes

Hi All,

On my cherry tomatoes, I have all kinds of clusters of
green tomatoes. Some now for over two weeks. If
I didn't know better, I would think they were mocking me!

How long before they ripen?

Many thanks,
-T

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 07-07-2014 11:02 AM

green tomatoes

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

On my cherry tomatoes, I have all kinds of clusters of
green tomatoes. Some now for over two weeks. If
I didn't know better, I would think they were mocking me!

How long before they ripen?

Many thanks,
-T

What has the temperature been lately?

Todd[_2_] 07-07-2014 08:13 PM

green tomatoes

On 07/07/2014 03:02 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

On my cherry tomatoes, I have all kinds of clusters of
green tomatoes. Some now for over two weeks. If
I didn't know better, I would think they were mocking me!

How long before they ripen?

Many thanks,
-T

What has the temperature been lately?

Hi David,

Typically, 95F in the day and 65F in the night.

They say thunderstorms are possible all week. Love
the growth spurts after a thunderstorm (sky fertilizer),
as long as there is no accompanying hail.

-T

Todd[_2_] 18-07-2014 04:58 AM

green tomatoes

On 07/06/2014 05:00 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

On my cherry tomatoes, I have all kinds of clusters of
green tomatoes. Some now for over two weeks. If
I didn't know better, I would think they were mocking me!

How long before they ripen?

Many thanks,
-T

Today, I just noticed five "orange" ones. Yesterday
they were all green. Shouldn't be long now!

Oh and the zuke I harvest two off of last week
has another two that should be ready by the weekend.
The rest of them have ton and tons of flowers.

And, I now have a number of little eggplant. The
largest is about four inches now.

Diaguard® 04-08-2014 05:06 PM

Pests on crops or gardens?

We offer a natural solution to control pests! 100% effective!

Diaguard® Natural Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)

Order online at www.amazon.co.uk or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

Diaguard® is a freshwater, "Food Grade", white diatomaceous earth. It has a very high silica content which enables it to literally cut through insects waxy outer layer. Diaguard® has unique characteristics which make it ideal for use as an inert, environmentally safe, non-harmful insecticide.

CAUTION! "Non-Codex" or “Non -Food Grade” DE can and often do contain high levels of heavy metals and crystalline silicas, both of which are unsafe for animal or human consumption.

When using Diaguard®, our clients reduce significantly their costs in the treatment of pests compared to traditional chemical insecticides.
Diaguard® Natural Insect Control is approved for use in organic systems and is certified by the Organic Farmers and Growers.

Order online at
www.amazon.co.uk or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

For more information visit:
JJS Minerals

Todd[_2_] 11-08-2014 03:08 AM

green tomatoes

On 07/17/2014 08:58 PM, Todd wrote:
On 07/06/2014 05:00 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

On my cherry tomatoes, I have all kinds of clusters of
green tomatoes. Some now for over two weeks. If
I didn't know better, I would think they were mocking me!

How long before they ripen?

Many thanks,
-T

Today, I just noticed five "orange" ones. Yesterday
they were all green. Shouldn't be long now!

Oh and the zuke I harvest two off of last week
has another two that should be ready by the weekend.
The rest of them have ton and tons of flowers.

And, I now have a number of little eggplant. The
largest is about four inches now.

Hi All,

Just picked about 12 cups of them! Next week
looks like another 12 cups too!

Yippee! And they taste really good too!

-T

The black cherries are not so productive. Only
got about five of them. Next year, I will skip
them and look for some sun golds.