Old 10-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered User

Default photinia red robin no longer produces red leaves

I have a rather large one which got a bit out of hand so a couple of years ago I cut the sides and top quite considerably.Since then any new growth has been at best a sort of greeny pink colour but certainly not the bright red it once was .Can someone enlighten me as to what i can do to return it to its former glory?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/10/2014 2:51 AM, Donmaico wrote:

I have a rather large one which got a bit out of hand so a couple of
years ago I cut the sides and top quite considerably.Since then any new
growth has been at best a sort of greeny pink colour but certainly not
the bright red it once was .Can someone enlighten me as to what i can do
to return it to its former glory?

It might be the soil or a lack of some nutrient. I would cut one of the
pink shoots and take it to a good nursery (not a hardware store or
lumber yard) for diagnosis.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see