GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Echinacea in Alaska (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/210666-echinacea-alaska.html)

[email protected] 22-09-2014 03:44 AM

Echinacea in Alaska

Wondering if anyone has grown "Coneflowers" Echinacea purpurea as a flower garden perennial in the interior (or anywhere else) of Alaska.

brooklyn1 22-09-2014 01:16 PM

Echinacea in Alaska

wrote:

Wondering if anyone has grown "Coneflowers" Echinacea purpurea as a flower garden perennial in the interior (or anywhere else) of Alaska.

I have several clumps of coneflower growing outdoors (in full
sun-southern exposure). I don't think it would make a good indoor
plant, the clumps grow HUGE; about 4' tall and just as wide. With the
cold fall weather here they are pretty much kaput.