Old 03-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Registered User

Default Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting Infographic

Hello Guys,

With spring around the corner I have just come across this infographic which may be of interest to you, the link has been added below:

Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Steve POS Davis wrote:

With spring around the corner I have just come across this infographic
which may be of interest to you, the link has been added below:

'Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting'
(http://tinyurl.com/qc3j33k)

WTF is your point? There are hundreds of identified legit vegetable
gardening sites on the net... only an imbecilic pinheaded newbie would
click that fercocktah mystery link. Go back where you came from and
don't come back, POS!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Once upon a time on usenet Brooklyn1 wrote:
Steve POS Davis wrote:

With spring around the corner I have just come across this
infographic which may be of interest to you, the link has been added
below:

'Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting'
(http://tinyurl.com/qc3j33k)

WTF is your point? There are hundreds of identified legit vegetable
gardening sites on the net... only an imbecilic pinheaded newbie would
click that fercocktah mystery link. Go back where you came from and
don't come back, POS!

Not being an imbecilic pinhead newbie I copy'n'pasted the tinyURL into the
address bar of my browser then added the word 'preview.' to it so that it
looked like this; http://preview.tinyurl.com/qc3j33k then hit enter.

I was taken to a web page run by TinyURL, told that the URL redirects to
http://www.gabrielash.com/news/uncat...and-harvesting
and had the option of clicking to go on to the site if I wished. (I didn't.)

Some fercocktah (ferkakta?) mystery links are easilly (re)solved - not that
I agree with posting masked URLs to usenet (or email for that matter)
without also posting the full URL.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2/3/2015 4:52 AM, Steve Davis wrote:
Hello Guys,

With spring around the corner I have just come across this infographic
which may be of interest to you, the link has been added below:

'Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting'
(http://tinyurl.com/qc3j33k)

The schedule for planting is definitely NOT for my climate. Cole
vegetables and lettuce are winter plants here. The cannot survive our
summers and thus cannot be planted in the spring.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Steve Davis wrote:
Hello Guys,

With spring around the corner I have just come across this infographic
which may be of interest to you, the link has been added below:

'Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting'
(http://tinyurl.com/qc3j33k)

Nonsense.

Aside from being very centred on northern hemisphere even if you ignore the
months and just use the seasons it is very inappropriate for many areas. I
am guessing it might suit cool temperate climates. It certainly does not
suit warm temperate, subtropical or tropical.

Such over generalisations are not at all useful. Growing vegetables is not
a one-size-fits-all occupation, the core of it is to know your local
conditions and this is no help. In fact it may do more harm than good by
leading the beginner to failure where talking to locals will lead them to
success.

--
David

A better world requires a daily struggle
against those who would mislead us.