Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Some happy view...

Big snow coming to The Catskills, and has already started... So some
happy view...

I see deer every day, all day, often
herds. In fact I see all the critters... if there's food for them,
you'll see them. Bluebirds nest here every year, but they need a
house:
http://i59.tinypic.com/50ksxi.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2rcpyr6.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/347k7c2.jpg
A black bear ravaged my bird feeder, twice... so no more feeders:
http://i59.tinypic.com/ezeglt.jpg
Here's the big fella showing off:
http://i59.tinypic.com/zlqiwo.jpg
Before the black bear wrecked my great bird feeder, twisted my iron
crook into a pretzel too:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2djubo.jpg
King birds are rare for this area:
http://i62.tinypic.com/14o2gdg.jpg
I really liked this feeder:
http://i62.tinypic.com/eq19gp.jpg
Woodpeckers liked it too:
http://i58.tinypic.com/t8r96u.jpg
Seeds fall out:
http://i60.tinypic.com/259vpt5.jpg
Now I feed birds on a table:
http://i62.tinypic.com/20zvj3q.jpg
I don't know how anyone can claim they see critter prints in the snow
but never see the critters... I see them all, deer are looking at me
through my windows every day.. two were just here. I see all the
critters, and I have thousands of photos. It's very rare I look out a
window and not see critters within five minutes:
http://i59.tinypic.com/t5262f.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/20pol1e.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/lim94.jpg
I don't think I've ever looked out a window and not seen deer,
especially at night... just have to know what to look for, deer can be
elusive, they blend in... I know my property intimately, the slightest
thing out of place even at a great distance catches my eye, keep
watching and it will move and sure enough it's a critter, and when I
see one I know there are more.
Deer and wild turkeys:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2sak07n.jpg

Old 08-02-2015, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 wrote:
I don't know how anyone can claim they see critter prints in the snow
but never see the critters... I see them all, deer are looking at me
through my windows every day.. two were just here. I see all the
critters, and I have thousands of photos. It's very rare I look out a
window and not see critters within five minutes:

if you feed them, they will come...

we don't particularly feed anything other than what
grows here normally. i can usually see rabbits if i
get up early enough (like this morning there was one
silloutted against the snow).

as for other tracks, i can find deer, mice, raccoon,
chipmunk, cat and various bird tracks, but won't see
the related critters that come through at night. i
don't like outdoor lights at night so whatever is out
there is welcome to be left in the dark.

blue jays are here almost all winter, there is a
hedge that holds some berries through the winter
that they flutter around in and they seem to like
the larger white pines we have too.

songbird
Old 08-02-2015, 11:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2/8/2015 3:15 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
[...]

Nice pics.
I get as many deer but can't hunt them. Your place - probably could.
Bear, no, and I would not want them. Black bear are fraidy cats but can
cause a lot of damage. My bird feeder did not stand up to squirrels and
racoons.