Old 07-05-2003, 03:08 PM
AuralFeast

Default Source for Concrete-like Planters & Urns

I live in a older home which originally featured planter boxes and urns made
from concrete. I can purchase concrete reproductions of the originals ($290 a
planter!), but I'd rather find something more affordable that looks like
concrete - maybe fiberglass or something like that.

Anyone have a source for this type of product? Home Depot and Sam's had a few,
but they weren't too nice. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Bob Pauly
Old 07-05-2003, 03:20 PM
SugarChile

If you are even marginally handy and/or like to putter around, you could
make your own out of hypertufa. This is a mix of cement, peat, and
perlite/vermiculite, which you can mold and shape as you please. The
finished product is lightweight and has a cool, aged concrete look. Do a
web search and you're bound to turn up instructions.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 07-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Pam

AuralFeast wrote:

I live in a older home which originally featured planter boxes and urns made
from concrete. I can purchase concrete reproductions of the originals ($290 a
planter!), but I'd rather find something more affordable that looks like
concrete - maybe fiberglass or something like that.

Anyone have a source for this type of product? Home Depot and Sam's had a few,
but they weren't too nice. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Bob Pauly

Check in the back of some of the better gardening mags - Fine Gardening ,
Horticulture - they typically have ads featuring these types of planters, usually
made out of some sort of polyresin. The good ones are pretty expensive, though -
not sure you'd be recognizing much of a savings over concrete.

[IMG] code is On

Flat Bottomed Urns AJP Ponds 1 30-05-2011 10:55 PM
Help with plant rescue mission & upside down tomato planters please Learner-Grower United Kingdom 4 11-07-2009 01:04 PM
Concrete or resin planters [email protected] United Kingdom 5 10-07-2007 11:48 AM
Container Plants, patio tubs & Pots - Planters petee Gardening 3 06-11-2004 02:55 PM
Banned Herbicides &&&& Pesticides Christopher Norton United Kingdom 1 26-08-2003 07:42 AM