Old 07-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Tracy McDaniel

Default will trade native orange daylilies for peonies? (Transplants from Zone 7)

I have some native Orange daylilies...some people call them tiger
lilies...not sure...
they are somewhat invasive but are wonderful to cover banks and hold Earth
back from erosion. I think Dept. of Transportation can be credited for many
of the lilies along the roadsides.

Their root systems are hardy as heck. Mine are growing near lake so
moisture does not seem to trouble them, but they bloom best in well-drained
soil and full-sun. They start blooming end of May and continue most Summer.

I could dig some up and mail them for trade...what do you have? Someone
suggested listing on ebay but this seems like a friendlier approach. I'd
really like some peony roots or are they tubers?

My yard is mostly full-sun and full of deer...so hostas are NOT needed!

return email with a trade offer if you're interested.

thanks,
tracy