Old 31-07-2015, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Where to post a photo of a tree?

What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees?

I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc., and they are all too much effort and time to log in, upload, etc., etc.

Thanks.
Old 31-07-2015, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:56:33 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees?
I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc.,
and they are all too much effort and time to log in, upload, etc., etc.
Thanks.

Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry
John T.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees?
I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc.,
and they are all too much effort and time to log in, upload, etc., etc.
Thanks.

Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry
John T.

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into
anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Unless one has a very slow connection to the net, in which case any
and all photo transfers are a bother, I cannot imagine anything faster
or easier.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ant Ant is offline

Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into
anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Ditto. I use imgur.com for my images to link. Beside newsgroup/usenet is
dying. :P
--
"Even the ant has his (her) bite." --Turkish
this signature correctly.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:54:50 PM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into
anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Ditto. I use imgur.com for my images to link. Beside newsgroup/usenet is
dying. :P
--
[...]

I went there just out of curiosity; took only a quick look, but it seemed vulgar/tacky.

Question: What is your backup for statement that "newsgroup/usenet is dying??
Straight question.

HB

Old 02-08-2015, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 10:12:24 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon
wrote:

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:54:50 PM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into
anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Ditto. I use imgur.com for my images to link. Beside newsgroup/usenet is
dying. :P
--
[...]

I went there just out of curiosity; took only a quick look, but it seemed vulgar/tacky.

Imgur is just a place to upload and stash visuals. It is no more nor
less vulgar or tacky than any other place online. I take it you do not
hang out in a broad range of Usenet groups, either.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Hypatia Nachshon" wrote in message ...
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 2:54:50 PM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any
more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-(
So we appreciate the online free photo sites.
I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into
anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Ditto. I use imgur.com for my images to link. Beside newsgroup/usenet is
dying. :P
--
[...]

I went there just out of curiosity; took only a quick look, but it seemed vulgar/tacky.

Question: What is your backup for statement that "newsgroup/usenet is dying??
Straight question.

HB

I don't see any drop off in what I call the 'good' newsgroups. Much easier to use than anything online.

Earthlink still carries all binary groups which I use a lot. Tons of special interest site -- audio, old cars, old photos, maps, you name it... just can't find one for plants/trees.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ant Ant is offline

On 8/3/2015 9:51 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

Earthlink still carries all binary groups which I use a lot...

I use its usenet service too, but it doesn't carry ALL newsgroups from
its outsourced SuperNews (Giganews owns it now).
--
"He who storms in like a whirlwind returns like an ant." --Borneo
this signature correctly.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ant Ant is offline

On 8/2/2015 10:12 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

Question: What is your backup for statement that "newsgroup/usenet is dying??
Straight question.

ISPs dropping usenet services, my computer friends don't use them
anymore, etc.
--
"Antacid: What ants use to get high." --unknown