Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Azalea - repeat blooming

Bought my first Azaleas described as "repeat blooming".

Any experience out there?

TIA

HB
Old 05-08-2015, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 7:01:24 PM UTC-7, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Bought my first Azaleas described as "repeat blooming".

Any experience out there?

TIA

HB

To clarify: Most Azaleas are supposed to bloom only once a year. So I wondered if anyone had planted these "repeat bloomers" or have any info about them.

TIA

HB

Old 08-08-2015, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/5/2015 9:37 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 7:01:24 PM UTC-7, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Bought my first Azaleas described as "repeat blooming".

Any experience out there?

TIA

HB

To clarify: Most Azaleas are supposed to bloom only once a year. So I wondered if anyone had planted these "repeat bloomers" or have any info about them.

TIA

HB

My 'Pride of Dorking' bloomed in the spring as usual. It also bloomed
again in July. My 'George Taber' bloomed at the end of winter and then
again in the middle of spring. I think my 'Alaska' and 'Formosa' also
have had two bloom periods in some years. I think this is more a result
of quirky weather than anything else. Note that all four of these
azaleas are evergreen.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 10:15:54 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

[...]

Encore and Bloom-a-Thon are specifically bred to re-bloom.
Old 13-08-2015, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

To clarify: Most Azaleas are supposed to bloom only once a year. So I
wondered if anyone had planted these "repeat bloomers" or have any info
about them.

Depends on the variety. I have some southern indica azaleas and most of
them bloom multiple times each year. Here are some from Monrovia:

http://www.monrovia.com/?s=southern+indica

One of mine is Southern Charm and it only blooms once, so I guess you
just have to look at the details for each one.

Patty

Old 15-08-2015, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 9:10:04 AM UTC-7, Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

To clarify: Most Azaleas are supposed to bloom only once a year. So I
wondered if anyone had planted these "repeat bloomers" or have any info
about them.

Depends on the variety. I have some southern indica azaleas and most of
them bloom multiple times each year. Here are some from Monrovia:

http://www.monrovia.com/?s=southern+indica

One of mine is Southern Charm and it only blooms once, so I guess you
just have to look at the details for each one.

Patty

Thanks to all. I will be watching with interest to see if they perform.

HB