GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   corn storm dammage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/211986-corn-storm-dammage.html)

buckwheat 15-08-2015 05:37 PM

corn storm dammage

any hope for my strawberry popcorn crop?

http://s984.photobucket.com/user/che...tml?sort=3&o=3

brooklyn1 15-08-2015 08:23 PM

corn storm dammage

buckwheat wrote:

any hope for my strawberry popcorn crop?

http://s984.photobucket.com/user/che...tml?sort=3&o=3

I don't see much damage. What are those plants in front, they look
fine. The few corn plants that are leaning can be straightened by
staking.

buckwheat 15-08-2015 10:47 PM

corn storm dammage

I have about 150 plants and only 25 or so are still standing most are laying
on top of one another.....I don't have 120 stakes laying around

Steve Peek[_2_] 16-08-2015 08:29 PM

corn storm dammage

On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 5:47:34 PM UTC-4, buckwheat wrote:
I have about 150 plants and only 25 or so are still standing most are laying
on top of one another.....I don't have 120 stakes laying around

Use a hoe, stand the plant and pull dirt to the leaning side.