Old 23-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered User

Location: Neston,
Default What are these ?

Hello,
I've just had the biggest 'crop' of mushroom/toadstools over the last couple of days , the large cream coloured ones started off as balls and over one night they changed to the saucer shape. The brown coloured ones just 'spring up' overnight and have popped up all over the lawn and garden, we've never had so many in our garden.

Has anyone any ideas just what they are and will they damage the lawn and flower beds, my wife is the keen gardener and I'm just the hedge cutter and lawn cutter person !!.

Thanks in advance Neale.
Attached Thumbnails
What are these ?-unknown-mushrooms-01.jpg   What are these ?-unknown-mushrooms-02.jpg
Old 23-09-2015, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
yooser1 writes:

Hello,
I've just had the biggest 'crop' of mushroom/toadstools over the last
couple of days , the large cream coloured ones started off as balls and
over one night they changed to the saucer shape. The brown coloured ones
just 'spring up' overnight and have popped up all over the lawn and
garden, we've never had so many in our garden.

Has anyone any ideas just what they are and will they damage the lawn
and flower beds, my wife is the keen gardener and I'm just the hedge
cutter and lawn cutter person !!.

I don't know what they are, but it is unlikely that they will cause
harm. Mushrooms are actually the fruiting body of the fungus, so
these things have been living in your soil all along. These are
just "seeding" (spores, actually) the next generation.

--
Drew Lawson | What you own is your own kingdom