GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Database to identify plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/21215-database-identify-plants.html)

Zakharin 08-05-2003 12:56 AM

Database to identify plants

I seem to remember there was a database on the web where I could enter
charactaristics of a plant such as color of flower, time of bloom, height,
propagation, etc and it would give me possible variants with pictures. Does
it still exist and if so, what's the URL?

Thanks in advance,
Boris Zakharin

Jessi 08-05-2003 01:32 AM

Database to identify plants

You can try this site:
http://theseedsite.co.uk/

Zakharin 08-05-2003 02:08 AM

Database to identify plants

Thanks. This is of some help, but not quite was I was looking for.

"Jessi" wrote in message
You can try this site:
http://theseedsite.co.uk/

Will Renkel 08-05-2003 01:08 PM

Database to identify plants

Might try...

http://nature.jardin.free.fr/en/index.html

Zakharin wrote in message
I seem to remember there was a database on the web where I could enter
charactaristics of a plant such as color of flower, time of bloom, height,
propagation, etc and it would give me possible variants with pictures.

Does
it still exist and if so, what's the URL?

Thanks in advance,
Boris Zakharin

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.

GO - AMERICA - GO!!!!

Atara 08-05-2003 01:32 PM

Zakharin wrote in message
I seem to remember there was a database on the web where I could
enter charactaristics of a plant such as color of flower, time of
bloom, height, propagation, etc and it would give me possible
variants with pictures.

Does
it still exist and if so, what's the URL?

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in
gy.com:

Now you know you should save your favorite links.

I think he's referring to the Sierra Plant Encyclopedia, which used to
be he http://games.sierra.com/sierrahome/gardening/encyc/ Now it's
just a redirect.

Zakharin, unfortunately that database went under a few years ago, taking
all of its data with it. There have been a few substitutions that have
popped up (some of which have been noted), but nothing quite as good as
what Sierra had.

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

Zakharin 08-05-2003 04:32 PM

Database to identify plants

I did save it, after the crash of 2001 (that's when my then-new computer
suddenly died) I cannot find it even though I have my favorites recovered.

gy.com...

Zakharin 08-05-2003 04:32 PM

Database to identify plants

It couldn't be that. It was there throughout last summer, which is when I
was using it.

Zakharin 08-05-2003 04:32 PM

Database to identify plants

Thanks, this looks very similar to what I remember, though I'm pretty sure
that's not it. No matter, I'll use it.

Will Renkel 11-05-2003 11:56 PM

Database to identify plants

another one is the advanced search in...

http://www.neoflora.com/

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.

GO - AMERICA - GO!!!!