Old 31-03-2016, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default "Tipped" Rose Buds

I have 14 roses in my garden -- 7 in front of my house and 7 in back --
each a different variety. Most seem to grow and flower well.

'Pink Perfume", however, has a problem. As its flower buds mature and
start to open, they tip over until they are at right angles to their
stems. Then the flowers are misshapen. This does not affect the
adjacent 'Brandy' or 'Honor', just about 3 feet away on either side.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I might correct this?

--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
Antonin Scalia now fill the news media, his legacy was not
necessarily positive. See my "What Price Order, Mr. Justice Scalia?"
at http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_scalia_wrong.html.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

David E. Ross wrote:

I have 14 roses in my garden -- 7 in front of my house and 7 in back --
each a different variety. Most seem to grow and flower well.

'Pink Perfume", however, has a problem. As its flower buds mature and
start to open, they tip over until they are at right angles to their
stems. Then the flowers are misshapen. This does not affect the
adjacent 'Brandy' or 'Honor', just about 3 feet away on either side.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I might correct this?

have you checked for borers? or is it root bound?
or is there a problem with the water supply to that
plant? those are what i would check.

songbird
Old 01-04-2016, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:21:07 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

I have 14 roses in my garden -- 7 in front of my house and 7 in back --
each a different variety. Most seem to grow and flower well.

'Pink Perfume", however, has a problem. As its flower buds mature and
start to open, they tip over until they are at right angles to their
stems. Then the flowers are misshapen. This does not affect the
adjacent 'Brandy' or 'Honor', just about 3 feet away on either side.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I might correct this?

http://cues.cfans.umn.edu/old/extpub...s/6953_03.html

[IMG] code is On

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 04:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 05:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 03:33 AM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 03:39 PM
Red-tipped photinia question Brian Anderson Texas 17 28-03-2004 10:13 PM