GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass recommendation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/212709-grass-recommendation.html)

Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney 10-05-2016 07:00 PM

Grass recommendation

Need something I can grow from seed, with low maintenance & low water requirements. Most of the yard is shady or part shade. About 1/4 gets sun all day. Have sprinklers - no rain to speak of. Temp in summer is 50-60 night, 75-85 day.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nancy Young[_5_] 16-05-2016 06:30 PM

Grass recommendation

On 5/10/2016 2:00 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Need something I can grow from seed, with low maintenance & low water requirements. Most of the yard is shady or part shade. About 1/4 gets sun all day. Have sprinklers - no rain to speak of. Temp in summer is 50-60 night, 75-85 day.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been impressed with the Black Beauty I've been using to
fill in bare areas. It's a cross between grass from the Sahara
and Wisconsin (do not hold me to those exact locations, you get
the idea) and have a waxy feel and very deep roots. This makes
it drought tolerant and it says it does well in shade to part
shade.

Check it out.

nancy

Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney 13-06-2016 07:36 AM

Grass recommendation

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...
On 5/10/2016 2:00 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Need something I can grow from seed, with low maintenance & low water requirements. Most of the yard is shady or part shade. About 1/4 gets sun all day. Have sprinklers - no rain to speak of. Temp in summer is 50-60 night, 75-85 day.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been impressed with the Black Beauty I've been using to
fill in bare areas. It's a cross between grass from the Sahara
and Wisconsin (do not hold me to those exact locations, you get
the idea) and have a waxy feel and very deep roots. This makes
it drought tolerant and it says it does well in shade to part
shade.

Check it out.

nancy

Thanks Nancy! Looks good.