GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Miracle-GroŽ Evergreen Fertilizer Spikes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/21315-re-miracle-gro%AE-evergreen-fertilizer-spikes.html)

Beecrofter 08-05-2003 05:32 PM

Miracle-GroŽ Evergreen Fertilizer Spikes

(Requester) wrote in message . com...
hello again. i bought some of these spikes and i also go the
Miracle-GroŽ Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes. will these be okay to
use for my new trees and my old trees? i never hear much about
miracle gro products so im very curious about the effects it will
have.

any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Plain old garden fertilizer such as 10-10-10 or 5-10-5 broadcast at a
rate of about 3lbs per 100 sq feet is more than adequate and will feed
better than any spike. Apply at half this rate for newer plantings.
Compost or rotted manure would work just fine too.
Don't feed beyond 4th of July so that all new growth can harden of and
not be weak or lush heading into winter.