Old 19-07-2016, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help? Yellow Cherry Tree?

On Tuesday, December 6, 1994 at 4:05:53 AM UTC+1, Michael Isaksen wrote:
I'm hoping that someone can help me Identify and possibly locate a Cherry
Tree that grows yellow cherries. Or is this to be forever a part of my
wonderful childhood memories?

I'm beginging my search now after visiting my grandparents homesite near
Hamburg, Germany, (where I grew up in the 60's) and finding that the present
owners replaced my favorite tree with grass long ago.

From what I recall the tree was full sized (i.e. 2 story house), the
cherries matured before the red vars (by a few weeks??) and the cherries
where just as large as the red, but slightly firmer or fleshier. Also
the birds didn't seem to attack them as much.

I'll thank you for any response in advance.

Dont know if you got your answer but we live in Holzhausen Germany and have a golden cherry tre like that. We think it is an old variety. 'Dönnissens Yellow Knorpelkirsche', Sweetush to eat, and loaded this year.
http://www.alte-obstsorten-online.de...nadpfjhofahi50