GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bat Guano question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/213922-bat-guano-question.html)

[email protected] 07-11-2016 11:48 PM

Bat Guano question

talked to a person who has a old barn that was at one time a home for lots
of bats.....he shoveled up about 55 gallon barrel full of guano and is
giving it away.....Should I take it? How can i use it in garden?

David E. Ross[_2_] 08-11-2016 12:39 AM

Bat Guano question

On 11/7/2016 3:48 PM, wrote:
talked to a person who has a old barn that was at one time a home for lots
of bats.....he shoveled up about 55 gallon barrel full of guano and is
giving it away.....Should I take it? How can i use it in garden?

It is supposed to be better fertilizer than steer or horse manure. It
is less likely to burn plants to which it is applied.

--
David E. Ross

Yes, there is at least one instance of voter fraud in this
election. However, the fraud was committed in favor -- not
against -- Donald Trump. As reported by ABC News, an
election judge in Illinois cast her dead husband's absentee
ballot for Trump, a felony in that state. She has been removed
from her position as an election judge.

See
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/illinois-election-judge-allegedly-dead-husbands-ballot-43314675.
Also reported in other news media.

songbird[_2_] 08-11-2016 01:23 AM

Bat Guano question

wrote:

talked to a person who has a old barn that was at one time a home for lots
of bats.....he shoveled up about 55 gallon barrel full of guano and is
giving it away.....Should I take it? How can i use it in garden?

avoid breathing the dust from it.

the nutrient analysis and trace nutrient
levels are going to depend upon the actual
deposit itself. so short of doing a nutrient
analysis you won't know precisely what it is.

which is ok, just use it as a garden soil
amendment a few weeks before planting and
see what happens. if you get a lot of
green growth it is high Nitrogen and should
only be used for plantings that need that
kind of supplementation. otherwise it may
be more Phosphates.

songbird