Old 22-12-2016, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Running waterline into a barn

In article 60jj5ch2fuplqbt8r211p95g8n2ltkas5s@
4ax.com, says...
Shove a heater up your big black lying ass, COOMBS!
Coombs is a black name, a FAGGOT BLACK name.

plonk
Old 22-12-2016, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.
Old 22-12-2016, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:40:14 -0500, wrote:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

This is the reason I posted this question in the first place. To learn
the pros and cons of what material will work best. Thanks to you, I can
see where the standard PEX will not work real well. Buying that special
stuff will probably not be feasible, or cheap, and I'm guessing I'd have
to buy a lot more than I need.

Their 2014 PDF shows 1/2" at $.76 per foot and 3/4" at $1.38 per foot.
But it dont say roll sizes, or shipping (from Canada)....

I think I am going to just use a garden hose. Even if it only lasts a
few years, hoses are cheap enough and wont be hard to replace.

Old 22-12-2016, 04:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 01:03:55 -0000 (UTC), DirtBag
wrote:

We have an internal USENET server running at our large company. It used
to be full of useful conversations and friendly arguement. Those were
the days.

Sadly, everyone's moved on to Yammer (a panty-wasted POS Facebook look-
like with 95% frills and 5% content.

Thanks for the above tirade - it's needed peridically to keep the blood
flowing. :-)

Flame on!

I used to get a lot of useful info from the newsgroups. Today it's just
mostly abuse and rubbish, and off topic politics and crap. Some of the
groups I once read the most, I recently unsubscribed from. It's sad. I
began using newsgroups before the www even existed. Web based groups are
slow and hard to manuver, and most of the time you cant filter out the
garbage.

I never even heard of Yammer, but if it's like Facebook, I dont want it.
I dont use Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff. I've actually been
thinking of getting rid of the internet at home. I'll save money. On the
rare occasions I buy online, I can go to a WIFI, and I can email my
friends on my phone (not a smartphone).

The internet used to be both fun and useful. That is no longer the case.

Old 22-12-2016, 01:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

This is the reason I posted this question in the first place. To learn
the pros and cons of what material will work best. Thanks to you, I can
see where the standard PEX will not work real well. Buying that special
stuff will probably not be feasible, or cheap, and I'm guessing I'd have
to buy a lot more than I need.

Their 2014 PDF shows 1/2" at $.76 per foot and 3/4" at $1.38 per foot.
But it dont say roll sizes, or shipping (from Canada)....

I think I am going to just use a garden hose. Even if it only lasts a
few years, hoses are cheap enough and wont be hard to replace.

Perhaps the 3/4 inch size would suit your purpose -
and could be free if you locate someone, like me,
who has discarded it donated to thrift store
because it's heavy & awkward for everyday use.
I certainly don't need the additional size - over 5/8 -
but it might be an advantage to you.
John T.

Old 22-12-2016, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

writes:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???

Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.

Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.

Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

--
Dan Espen
Old 22-12-2016, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???
Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.
Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.
Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

The original post had the hose being drained after each use,
to prevent freezing ; and it was being used for livestock.
If anyone is seriously worried about the toxins for this scenario -
- be my guest - it must be a nice life, when you have nothing
more-serious than that to worry about !
John T.

Old 22-12-2016, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:57:38 -0500
Dan Espen wrote:

writes:

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???

Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.

Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.

Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

Potable hoses aren't that much more expensive if it is of concern:

https://www.amazon.com/s/156-7553944...table%20h ose

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Old 22-12-2016, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

writes:

[...]

Pretty sure the OP isn't draining those same hoses in the summer.
Another pointer mentioned potable water hoses.
If they were my animals and they were getting all their water
through hoses, I'd do something about it.

As for your concern about my life, thanks, but I don't worry about
much. Just try to make good decisions.

--
Dan Espen
Old 22-12-2016, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Dan Espen wrote:
hubops writes:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???
Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.
Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.

Garden type water hose is color coded to indicate potability,
typically white or blue but each manufactures has their own coding
(check their web site). I'd not use non potable water hoses for live
stock, and as hose ages more and more toxins leach out.

Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

That's what I'd use, irrigation tubing is very inexpensive and it's
non toxic. Just this past summer I had my vegetable garden irrigation
well re-plumbed with a new self-draining pressure tank fitted. I
don't use that well in winter so I don't heat the room containing the
pressure tank, I shut it down and all the water drains back down into
the well so no freeze ups. The run from the well to the well shed
coincidently happens to be forty feet, that line is buried past the
freeze line which is five feet here. The water line is 3/4" poly
irrigation tubing encased in 4" PVC... done so in case the poly
springs a leak it would be easy to replace without digging. In this
farming community well water used for livestock is regularly inspected
for toxins and microbes by the health department. If that water is
for horses I strongly recommend a professional installation, not some
mickey mouse DIY old garden hose.
Trench being dug to well:
http://i66.tinypic.com/mcsrxj.jpg
Laying in the water line, notice the level to check that it pitches
back to the well:
http://i67.tinypic.com/23r4b49.jpg
Nicely graded with lots of added topsoil and grass seed planted:
http://i66.tinypic.com/alr9jb.jpg
New self draining pressure tank supplies a hose bib for watering my
garden, etc:
http://i65.tinypic.com/rmis81.jpg
That's a a very good well, supplies nearly 20 GPM, twice what my house
well supplies. Living with well water for most of my life I've
learned a lot about wells and piping water. An ordinary garden hose
is fine for watering a lawn, a pumpkin patch, and washing a car, but
not for watering valuable livestock. Many people drink water raw from
their tap and then 20-30 years later die from cancers... mine goes
through an RO filter and is treated with a UV lamp... even my feral
cats are watered with RO water. Those in-line filters people use at
their kitchen tap are worse than fish tank filters, they remove little
more than odor and add lots of bacteria/viruses... anyone who drinks
water from those paper filter elements for months between changes
changes their underware no more often.
Anyway I have trouble imagining someone who keeps horses can't afford
to water them properly, horses are very expensive to maintain,
watering is the least of it... I live in horse country, famous race
horses are raised, bred, and stabled here. Most every teenage girl
owns a horse, I know very well what it costs to keep horses, my
daughter had a horse here from six years old until she married and
moved. I lived near this hupoops miser I'd definitely report him to
the authorities for animal abuse.

Old 22-12-2016, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T. Sicko

Why not use a garden hose???
Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.
Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.
Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

The original post had the hose being drained after each use,
to prevent freezing ; and it was being used for livestock.
If anyone is seriously worried about the toxins for this scenario -
- be my guest - it must be a nice life, when you have nothing
more-serious than that to worry about !
John T. Sicko

What kind of sicko thinks it's no big deal to poison livestock...
anyone who would poison their horses would poison their children.
Old 23-12-2016, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2016 7:29 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Shove a heater up your big black lying ass, COOMBS!
Coombs is a black name, a FAGGOT BLACK name.

You seem angry.

Old 23-12-2016, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2016-12-23 16:03:09 +0000, woger teh wiseman said:

On 12/20/2016 7:29 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Shove a heater up your big black lying ass, COOMBS!
Coombs is a black name, a FAGGOT BLACK name.

You seem angry.

He seems happiest when he's on an infantile racist rant.

Old 23-12-2016, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2016-12-22 19:43:38 +0000, Brooklyn1 said:

Dan Espen wrote:
hubops writes:

[...]

Bok bok bok bok bok bok bok ... just stfu and post the stupid pretty
pictures already.

Old 24-12-2016, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article tbim5c1betiosmlmoel2v5q9lpftniv67v@
4ax.com, says...

wrote:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

This is the reason I posted this question in the first place. To learn
the pros and cons of what material will work best. Thanks to you, I can
see where the standard PEX will not work real well. Buying that special
stuff will probably not be feasible, or cheap, and I'm guessing I'd have
to buy a lot more than I need.

Their 2014 PDF shows 1/2" at $.76 per foot and 3/4" at $1.38 per foot.
But it dont say roll sizes, or shipping (from Canada)....

I think I am going to just use a garden hose. Even if it only lasts a
few years, hoses are cheap enough and wont be hard to replace.

You might want to take a look at
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01ABON
AS8/camco0e-20/ref=nosim.

Note that AL-PEX is not freeze resistant, it's
the regular kind that is freeze resistant.