Old 27-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Registered User

Default Is this Box blight?

Sorry about potentially sideways pictures!

I have 2 box balls either side of my front door, both grown from cuttings for the same parent, maybe 5/6 years ago.

The first image, the ailing one, has appeared 'different' for about a year after 5-6 years growing identically. I swap their positions every 2nd year or so. The leaves are deeper green, shiny, more, maybe 'brittle-edged'- not perhaps 100% 'healthy' when compared to the healthier one, which is blooming (as it were). New growth is consistent vibrant dark lime-green.

This issue has appeared in the last 2 weeks.

Do I have box blight?

And yes, I know what to do with the plant and soil, but what shall I sluice the container with to free it of that fungi/virus so I can start again?

Am sad as I grew both from cuttings 12 years ago!
Attached Thumbnails
Is this Box blight?-box-1.jpg   Is this Box blight?-box-2.jpg
Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 27 Apr 2017 20:32, miljee wrote:

Sorry about potentially sideways pictures!

I have 2 box balls either side of my front door, both grown from
cuttings for the same parent, maybe 5/6 years ago.

The first image, the ailing one, has appeared 'different' for about a
year after 5-6 years growing identically. I swap their positions every
2nd year or so. The leaves are deeper green, shiny, more, maybe
'brittle-edged'- not perhaps 100% 'healthy' when compared to the
healthier one, which is blooming (as it were). New growth is consistent
vibrant dark lime-green.

This issue has appeared in the last 2 weeks.

Do I have box blight?

And yes, I know what to do with the plant and soil, but what shall I
sluice the container with to free it of that fungi/virus so I can start
again?

Am sad as I grew both from cuttings 12 years ago!

|Filename: Box 1.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16516|
|Filename: Box 2.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16517|

Yes it certainly looks LME it. Better to ask the question on
uk.rec.gardening as this is mainly a US Ng.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden