Old 29-04-2017, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ground cover

Hello

Which is the best ground cover that grows fast?

Please and Thank you

James

---
http://www.avg.com

Old 29-04-2017, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/29/2017 3:03 PM, James McDone wrote:
Hello

Which is the best ground cover that grows fast?

Please and Thank you

James

---
http://www.avg.com

There is no "best" ground cover although there are many which grow pretty
quickly. If you were to share your location and climate perhaps someone
will be able to offer some reasonable possibilities.
Old 29-04-2017, 10:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

James McDone wrote:

Which is the best ground cover that grows fast?

Without any info about your location I have to suggest Astroturf.
Old 30-04-2017, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/29/2017 12:30 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 4/29/2017 3:03 PM, James McDone wrote:
Hello

Which is the best ground cover that grows fast?

Please and Thank you

James

---
http://www.avg.com

There is no "best" ground cover although there are many which grow pretty
quickly. If you were to share your location and climate perhaps someone
will be able to offer some reasonable possibilities.

Besides climate and location (flat or sloped, sunny or shady, etc), it
would help if you indicated how thick you want this. In different parts
of my garden, I have various ground covers that are 2 inches thick, 4
inches thick, 6 inches thick, and 1 foot thick.

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com

Consider:
* Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
* Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
* If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
* If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
Old 30-04-2017, 01:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

David E. Ross wrote:
Besides climate and location (flat or sloped, sunny or shady, etc), it
would help if you indicated how thick you want this. In different parts
of my garden, I have various ground covers that are 2 inches thick, 4
inches thick, 6 inches thick, and 1 foot thick.

yep, some thyme we have stays pretty close to
the ground. another goes six inches to a foot
high, but still can be mowed if you set the
blades high enough. looks nice that way and also
smells great.

songbird