Old 03-05-2017, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default natural spring running though my yard, how do I cover up water/land??

On Saturday, October 4, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Paul Dietz wrote:
Joseph_ wrote:

Hello, I have a small section of my land where the natural spring running
though my yard gurgles. This section is 2.5-3 feet in lenght and 1-1.5 feet
in width. What is the best way to cover this up?

Sounds like part of your property is a wetland. Please check with a
lawyer,
since damaging a wetland -- even on your own property -- is a violation
of
federal law.

Aren't constitutional rights wonderful?

Paul

seriously? lets relax with federal law. its his freaking yard.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

dwilliams wrote:
Paul Dietz wrote:
Joseph_ wrote:

Hello, I have a small section of my land where the natural spring running
though my yard gurgles. This section is 2.5-3 feet in lenght and 1-1.5 feet
in width. What is the best way to cover this up?

Sounds like part of your property is a wetland. Please check with a
lawyer, since damaging a wetland -- even on your own property -- is a violation
of federal law.

Aren't constitutional rights wonderful?

seriously? lets relax with federal law. its his freaking yard.

I have an area of state wetlands on my property so I know a little
something on this matter as I have done much research.
In this case I doubt federal wetlands law applies but it may fall
under state and/or county wetlands law... also there does exist
riparian rights so I would suggest querying the town and/or county
before making any alterations because such situations often fall
under wildlife rulings.... it may be illegal to obstruct wildlife from
access to natural water phenomenae or even to do planting or disturb
vegetation within a certain distance.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...m/Water+Rights

Old 03-05-2017, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/3/2017 10:36 AM, wrote:
I have an area of state wetlands on my property

FOAD, you live in a housing project.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/3/2017 7:36 AM, wrote:
dwilliams wrote:
Paul Dietz wrote:
Joseph_ wrote:

[...]

And do it fast, because it's only been 20 years since the problem was
reported!