Old 24-06-2017, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default trying to id new weed invading back yard

On 6/24/2017 2:16 AM, Dean Jones wrote:
we have similar weeds here in SF Bay Area, in the event that I recollect
right it seeds, vanishes and returns. It effectively severs in sections,
it's known as a sticky plant we loathe it a great deal.

Going to attack it with spray pre-emergent next year and just ordered
Weed Impede from this outfit:

https://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/

None of the stores carry any liquid pre-emergent around here.

Shopped Amazon but they charge shipping or try to tie you into getting
Prime account. Above offers free shipping on everything.

As I pointed out in thread, infected banks are in back of house, down
hill and basically unseen by us and neighbors. I don't know how this
weed sneaked in but noted this time of year that Japanese stilt grass is
all over the place along unattended road sides.

Old 24-06-2017, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/24/2017 8:10 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/24/2017 2:16 AM, Dean Jones wrote:
we have similar weeds here in SF Bay Area, in the event that I recollect
right it seeds, vanishes and returns. It effectively severs in sections,
it's known as a sticky plant we loathe it a great deal.

Going to attack it with spray pre-emergent next year and just ordered Weed
Impede from this outfit:

https://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/

None of the stores carry any liquid pre-emergent around here.

Shopped Amazon but they charge shipping or try to tie you into getting
Prime account. Above offers free shipping on everything.

As I pointed out in thread, infected banks are in back of house, down hill
and basically unseen by us and neighbors. I don't know how this weed
sneaked in but noted this time of year that Japanese stilt grass is all
over the place along unattended road sides.

Amazon automatically includes free shipping on orders over $25. It seems
that every time I make an order it climbs over that level pretty quickly
(even though I do have Prime).
Old 24-06-2017, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/24/2017 10:52 AM, John McGaw wrote:
[...]

I buy from Amazon and can order with a click but do not have Prime as I
don't buy that much and am not interested in their book and TV
offerings. I could have gotten free shipping had I signed up for what
looks like a Prime trial. A couple of years ago, during Christmas
season, I did take the trial which when over would charge my credit card
for Prime if I did not cancel it. Took a lot of work to cancel as they
appear to obfuscated not to make cancelling easy. Will not put up with
that again.

Other retailers are getting competitive with Amazon and offering free
shipping for the same cost item.
Old 25-06-2017, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

Frank "frank writes:

[...]

What appears hard for some people is dead simple easy for others.
Apparently.

Did the trial about a year ago.
They offered some product to Prime customers only.
Warned by Amazon multiple times that the trial
was ending and I would be charged and got simple easy to click on
links in email to terminate the trial without charges.

So far, Amazon has not offered any more free Prime trials but
then I don't want Prime.

Can't imagine what this "lot of work" was.
I have never had to call Amazon for anything.
The last thing they want is for a human to call them up.
Just read their emails, click the links they provide.

I had my calendar manager set up to warn me that I was
near the end of the trial period. Didn't need it.

--
Dan Espen
Old 25-06-2017, 09:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 22:04:44 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Frank "frank writes:
I did take the trial which when over would charge my credit
card for Prime if I did not cancel it. Took a lot of work to cancel
as they appear to obfuscated not to make cancelling easy. Will not
put up with that again.

Can't imagine what this "lot of work" was.
I have never had to call Amazon for anything.
The last thing they want is for a human to call them up.
Just read their emails, click the links they provide.

Maybe Frank was confused with canceling a paid AOL account. Those are hard
to cancel!

The Haggler column in the NY Times has just ended. The columnist wrote in
his goodbye that "Amazon is one of the few companies I almost never heard
complaints about -- which is why its recent purchase of Whole Foods doesn’t
worry me."

Old 25-06-2017, 12:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Frank "frank writes:
I did take the trial which when over would charge my credit
card for Prime if I did not cancel it. Took a lot of work to cancel
as they appear to obfuscated not to make cancelling easy. Will not
put up with that again.

Can't imagine what this "lot of work" was.
I have never had to call Amazon for anything.
The last thing they want is for a human to call them up.
Just read their emails, click the links they provide.

Maybe Frank was confused with canceling a paid AOL account. Those are hard
to cancel!

The Haggler column in the NY Times has just ended. The columnist wrote in
his goodbye that "Amazon is one of the few companies I almost never heard
complaints about -- which is why its recent purchase of Whole Foods doesn’t
worry me."

Things change and maybe it was two years ago but my fingers had to do a
lot of walking to cancel Prime.

Going to cancel a website once, I looked up procedure and a sending them
a fax was required. It happened on my credit card expiration date so
payment could not continue anyway.