Old 09-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Registered User

Default Thuja Green Giants - Fast Growing Hedges 3-5ft/year

I bought 10 Thuja Green Giants from a nursery and have grown them in the garden for the past 5 years.

The were little plugs when I planted them.

I am moving house and want to sell them. They are at least 14ft tall now, some maybe even 18ft +

Please contact me if you want to see them
Old 10-07-2017, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 20:02:10 +0100, ThujaGreenGiant
wrote:

I bought 10 Thuja Green Giants from a nursery and have grown them in the
garden for the past 5 years.

The were little plugs when I planted them.

I am moving house and want to sell them. They are at least 14ft tall
now, some maybe even 18ft +

Those horrid trees are a liability, NOT an asset... you'll be very
lucky if some ignoranus putz takes them off your hands. Those things
are actually worth a lot less now than the day you bought them. And
no one is going to dig out an 18' tree that is worthless. Were it me
I'd take a chain saw to those worthless horrors.... and they are not
even worth the effort for firewood.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I bought 10 Thuja Green Giants from a nursery and have grown them in the
garden for the past 5 years.

The were little plugs when I planted them.

I am moving house and want to sell them. They are at least 14ft tall
now, some maybe even 18ft +

Those horrid trees are a liability, NOT an asset... you'll be very
lucky if some ignoranus putz takes them off your hands. Those things
are actually worth a lot less now than the day you bought them. And
no one is going to dig out an 18' tree that is worthless. Were it me
I'd take a chain saw to those worthless horrors.... and they are not
even worth the effort for firewood.

These are a variety of Thuja plicata (western red cedar). From northern
California to Alaska and eastward to Montana and Alberta, they are a
valuable timber tree.

Sunset's "Western Garden Book" describes T. plicata as "magnificent in
large lawns", implying that these should be used as single specimen
trees. Yet, Sunset also says of 'Green Giant': "Shear as a tall hedge
or use as a tall screen."

--
David Ross

http://www.rossde.com/
President Trump now denies there are any tapes that
recorded his conversations with ex-FBI Director Comey.
Between when Trump hinted there might be such tapes
and his denial, there was sufficient time to destroy
any tapes.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Those are advertised as a fast growing tree, but they are more a weed,
totally valueless as a landscape plant.
No one is going to buy them, it will cost ten times more to move them
than they are worth.