Old 19-07-2017, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Birds distroy too many plants in my garden!

My problem is Stellar Jays, who have eaten the petals off most of my flowers in my garden and I have also caught them eating some of my succulents as well. I have tried changing plants and flowers but it seems they will eat almost anything. Do sure what to do at this point
Old 20-07-2017, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

songbird wrote:
davidanddonnie wrote:

My problem is Stellar Jays, who have eaten the petals off most of my flowers in my garden and I have also caught them eating some of my succulents as well. I have tried changing plants and flowers but it seems they will eat almost anything. Do sure what to do at this point

try putting out birdbaths, rinse them out once
a day and refill, or at least every other day.
perhaps what they are after is the moisture in
the leaves/flowers.

never hurts to try.

In dry weather placing birdbaths among flowers is a good idea, also a
birdfeeder would help... jays love cat food kibbles, especially Purina
kitten chow... very reasonably priced in the larger size bag from
Chewy.com.
This makes the best bird bath:
https://www.amazon.com/Saucer-Heavy-...31B2WYG1DGRDT9

Old 20-07-2017, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/20/2017 3:44 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
Stellar Jay

Glancing at the species, I see they eat everything and I would not put
out water which might make yard more attractive. If just a few birds,
I'd be popping with my pellet gun or other methods to chase them off.
Old 20-07-2017, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:52:17 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 7/20/2017 3:44 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
Stellar Jay

Glancing at the species, I see they eat everything and I would not put
out water which might make yard more attractive. If just a few birds,
I'd be popping with my pellet gun or other methods to chase them off.

Frank is a dangerous dude who needs popping with 16 ga. bird shot.

Old 24-07-2017, 07:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/23/2017 8:30 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Bird problem? The obvious solution is a hungry cat.

Some birds will actually attack a cat. That includes ravens,
mockingbirds, and hummingbirds. Do not forget that a goose is a bird; a
goose might kill a cat.

--
David Ross

http://www.rossde.com/
President Trump now denies there are any tapes that
recorded his conversations with ex-FBI Director Comey.
Between when Trump hinted there might be such tapes
and his denial, there was sufficient time to destroy
any tapes.

Old 25-07-2017, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

J. Clarke wrote:
albasani wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

Bird problem? The obvious solution is a hungry cat.

Some birds will actually attack a cat. That includes ravens,
mockingbirds, and hummingbirds. Do not forget that a goose is a bird; a
goose might kill a cat.

So when, in this thread, were ravens, mockingbirds, hummingbirds, or geese
mentioned?

They're all BIRDS, Dodo... are your misplaced commas bird droppings or
are you a stuttering dodo?

Old 25-07-2017, 06:23 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2017 10:04 AM, wrote:
are you a stuttering dodo?

Are you a hymie dildo, AOL-TARD? LOL