Old 29-07-2017, 03:20 AM
Registered User

Default How to add water?

Hi, I have just bought a "Succulent Mix".

1. It needs only little water per a few days?
2. I just cannot find where to add the water!

Thanks so much for your advice!
Attached Thumbnails
How to add water?-img_20170729_013901.jpg
Old 29-07-2017, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/28/2017 7:20 PM, Markjump wrote:
Hi, I have just bought a "Succulent Mix".

1. It needs only little water per a few days?
2. I just cannot find where to add the water!

Thanks so much for your advice!

|Filename: IMG_20170729_013901.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16569|

Does the pot have a drain hole at the bottom? If yes, then set the pot
in a saucer and add water to the saucer. If no, then carefully add
water to the soil near the edge of the pot.

Actually, if the pot does not have a drain hole, you should repot the
succulents in a new pot that does have a drain hole.

By the way, I water my house plants only once each week. With a proper
potting mix, that is sufficient.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 29-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Registered User

Thanks a lot.
Actually, there are two pots as shown in the second photograph. The red one put inside the white one.
No hole at the bottom of the white pot, but there are 15 holes at the bottom of the red pot.
Attached Thumbnails
How to add water?-twopots.jpg
Old 29-07-2017, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/29/2017 9:36 AM, Markjump wrote:
Thanks a lot.
Actually, there are two pots as shown in the second photograph. The red
one put inside the white one.
No hole at the bottom of the white pot, but there are 15 holes at the
bottom of the red pot.

|Filename: TwoPots.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16570|

You could put water in the white pot to wick through holes in red but
since it is so big if you are not carefully flooding may harm the plant.
Usually pots like the red pot have a saucer beneath them to hold
excess water.

[IMG] code is On

how much water can i add? rb Lawns 7 25-07-2007 07:38 PM
water conditioners do not add phospates & nitrates? Dave@aquaflora Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 08-09-2005 04:58 AM
Water change but Add Nitrate? James Ervin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 18-04-2003 12:56 AM