Old 19-08-2017, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Monster squashes. Pick early?

As usual this season I'm growing some delicata squashes. I leave these on the vine until the vine has completely died and dried back in the fall. It seems to consistently produce very sweet, rich tasting fruits.

This year the plants have amongst the rest of the fruits produced four huge squashes and I wondered if they should be picked earlier than the rest of them, or let them wait for fall with all the rest. The color and striping on these looks to be a month ahead of all the others and they are bigger now than any I've grown before or seen in stores.

Don't know what is best here.