Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default It Is Indeed Getting Warmer

I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my
neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the
years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this year
(2017) it was 64F. For 2006-2016, the daily average high in October was
81F; but this year it was 85F.

Previously, I noted a new extreme high since 2006. In August this year,
the daytime high reached 112F! Almost every time I add a month's daily
high and low temperatures to my spreadsheet, I find a warming trend for
that month.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 09-11-2017, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 22:22:46 -0800, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my
neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the
years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this year
(2017) it was 64F. For 2006-2016, the daily average high in October was
81F; but this year it was 85F.

Previously, I noted a new extreme high since 2006. In August this year,
the daytime high reached 112F! Almost every time I add a month's daily
high and low temperatures to my spreadsheet, I find a warming trend for
that month.

Throughout the world, climate change is very real - there is no
longer any debate. In the USA the Fox-watchers seem to believe
that there are still serious questions about the science.
.. too bad - because USA and China would be needed to
make a difference - if it's still possible ..
I personally think we're about 50 years too late
John T.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

replying to David E. Ross, Iggy wrote:
I completely disagree. When growing up and until the last 5-years September
was ALWAYS hot and sticky day and night and only the last half of October
started to cool considerably into the fall temperatures. Only a FEW times in
my life did Halloween ever require heavier clothing under my costume.

But now, for the last 5-years, I've had to put the heat on in September and
October. And everyone I bring it up to agrees, they VIVIDLY remember school's
start being absolutely miserable and very commonly sweating through their
Halloween costumes. However, we have been getting an unheard of week of Spring
in January and February the last 5-years too.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...er-110075-.htm

Old 09-11-2017, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 11/9/2017 1:22 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my
neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the
years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this year
(2017) it was 64F. For 2006-2016, the daily average high in October was
81F; but this year it was 85F.

Previously, I noted a new extreme high since 2006. In August this year,
the daytime high reached 112F! Almost every time I add a month's daily
high and low temperatures to my spreadsheet, I find a warming trend for
that month.

Perhaps that is why I find Spring-blooming crocus coming up in November and
why the Dianthus is still actively blooming?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

David E. Ross wrote:
I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my
neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the
years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this year
(2017) it was 64F. For 2006-2016, the daily average high in October was
81F; but this year it was 85F.

Previously, I noted a new extreme high since 2006. In August this year,
the daytime high reached 112F! Almost every time I add a month's daily
high and low temperatures to my spreadsheet, I find a warming trend for
that month.

i know, but it happens to be snowing out
here today.

songbird

Old 10-11-2017, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 16:42:30 -0500, songbird
wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:
I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my
neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the
years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this year
(2017) it was 64F. For 2006-2016, the daily average high in October was
81F; but this year it was 85F.

Previously, I noted a new extreme high since 2006. In August this year,
the daytime high reached 112F! Almost every time I add a month's daily
high and low temperatures to my spreadsheet, I find a warming trend for
that month.

i know, but it happens to be snowing out
here today.

Flurries all day and 21ºF... got my Brussels sprouts harvested just in
time:
https://postimg.org/image/7w345balx/