Old 24-03-2018, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Catalog Companies or One Company With Many Aliases

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:21:14 -0400, John McGaw wrote:

I've gotten from them has been utter rubbish. Here is a list:

Burgess Seed & Plant Co.

This is an obvious attempt to trick people into thinking they reached
Burpee Seeds and Plants. A check of Yelp finds they have 2 stars. If you
exclude a few ratings that may be phony, it would be even lower.

Don http://foraging.com/ e-mail at page bottom.
Old 24-03-2018, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Don Wiss wrote:
John McGaw wrote:

I've gotten from them has been utter rubbish. Here is a list:
Burgess Seed & Plant Co.

This is an obvious attempt to trick people into thinking they reached
Burpee Seeds and Plants. A check of Yelp finds they have 2 stars. If you
exclude a few ratings that may be phony, it would be even lower.

The best way to be sure you're buying Burpee seeds is to phone them
directly and place your order live.
https://www.burpee.com/contactus
Another good deal is to buy Burpee seeds from Walmart, they sell
Burpee seeds in slightly smaller packets at greatly reduced prices...
most home gardeners don't need a lot of seeds... shop early for best
selection.
I mostly buy my vegetable seeds here, I like their Italian seed
collection:
http://www.lakevalleyseed.com/wpccat...ed-from-italy/
I've been gardening all my life and receive very few seed/plant
catalogs in the mail other than the ones I buy from.
Old 31-03-2018, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Burgess Seed and Plant is a viable company.
I have taken delivery of a number of plants from them.

I also do bus with Burpee.

There are many many seed and plant companies in the states.

There is a national org that saves seeds and some are selling seeds.

Martin