Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Overgrown garden UK

What can be done about an abandoned semi in my road? Local council could of
sorted it years ago, mad old woman maybe 70 seen maybe twice a year by
neighbours. Can't see the house on street view its so overgrown!!!! Its
dragging down the property prices of nearby houses and we want to sell in the
next year!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...uk-110302-.htm

Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/9/2018 7:44 PM, Michael Bishop wrote:
What can be done about an abandoned semi in my road? Local council could of
sorted it years ago, mad old woman maybe 70 seen maybe twice a year by
neighbours. Can't see the house on street view its so overgrown!!!! Its
dragging down the property prices of nearby houses and we want to sell in the
next year!!!

My philosophy is that, if it is not a serious health or safety issue on
private property, ignore it. What my landscape looks like is only my
business.

On the other hand, if the semi is on a public road, there might be a law
or local ordinance that requires vehicles to be moved after a certain
interval of time. Where I live, the limit is 72 hours. If the vehicle
is not moved within that time, it is subject to being towed away with
the owner then being required to pay for the towing and subsequent
storage. Towing is done, however, only when local law enforcement
orders it. A reluctant local government can be made to act if you file
a formal complaint.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 12-10-2018, 04:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

replying to David E. Ross, Michael Bishop wrote:
In the UK semi=semi-detached house rather than a tractor unit/trailer
articulated truck!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...uk-110302-.htm