GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Burford Holly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/215785-burford-holly.html)

David E. Ross[_2_] 13-11-2018 06:45 PM

Burford Holly

I am looking for dwarf Burford holly (Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana') in
the greater Los Angeles area. Two very good nurseries that I contacted
no longer carry it. Does anyone know where I can get three plants?

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Once again, there has been a mass shooting. This time,
it was in Thousand Oaks, California. And once again, just
as he did after the recent mass shooting in Pittsburgh,
President Trump sent his thoughts and prayers to the
families of the victims. Thoughts and prayers will not
stop the carnage. Action is needed on gun control, and
more guns -- as Trump proposed for Pittsburgh and Parkland
in Florida -- is not the answer.

Martin Eastburn 17-11-2018 10:15 PM

Burford Holly

Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana' use this as a Google search - I found a
number of places
selling and one seeds. If you are planting a large area - some plants
and some seeds
might be the ticket.

Martin

David E. Ross[_2_] 18-11-2018 02:25 AM

Burford Holly

On 11/17/2018 1:15 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana' use this as a Google search - I found a
number of places
selling and one seeds. If you are planting a large area - some plants
and some seeds
might be the ticket.

Martin

On 11/13/2018 11:45 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana'

I got many "hits" for landscape services that do not sell plants unless
they plant them, for nurseries not even in California that refer to how
popular the plants are in Los Angeles, for Ilex that is not I. cornuta
'Burfordii Nana'. I got some better results with DuckDuckGo, but all
the nurseries seem to be many hours away.

Martin Eastburn 23-11-2018 05:43 AM

Burford Holly

Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana' for sale

In a Google and you will find places to sell them. The other had seeds
on the right side.