Old 16-12-2018, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default broken amaryllis

Similar question for you. One of my cats knocked my amaryllis over and all the flowering stems were broken in the fall. (It literally just began to bloom 2 days ago.) Is it possible, with support, to save the current stems and buds or will i have to cut it back?
Old 16-12-2018, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 songbird wrote:
mitsutaisho wrote:

Similar question for you. One of my cats knocked my amaryllis over and all the flowering stems were broken in the fall. (It literally just began to bloom 2 days ago.) Is it possible, with support, to save the current stems and buds or will i have to cut it back?

the quicker you notice and prop them back up the
better the chances.

does it hurt anything to try? splint them like a
broken limb. wrap some card stock around them and
tie it in place, but not too tight that it bruises
the plant.

A good use for an old nylon stocking.
Old 20-12-2018, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
A good use for an old nylon stocking.

No one asked what you use to wank off with, Sheldon.

[IMG] code is On

Getting Amaryllis to flower again Mike Zanker United Kingdom 17 15-02-2004 02:12 PM
amaryllis ? llama mama Gardening 12 22-10-2003 06:02 PM
OT/Amaryllis and snail stuff was Granada is fabulous Radika Kesavan Roses 2 16-05-2003 04:44 PM
Amaryllis..I don't want it to die virginia walters Gardening 0 30-04-2003 08:08 AM
Question Amaryllis Grown in Water [email protected] Gardening 0 18-03-2003 05:20 PM