GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose of Sharon - pruning? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/216075-re-rose-sharon-pruning.html)

[email protected] 23-04-2019 02:53 AM

Rose of Sharon - pruning?

On Saturday, March 30, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, UKSKIER wrote:
I desperately need advice on when to prune rose of sharons. I planted
these twiggy looking babies summer of 94 and 95 and they're just tall and
straggly. I wasn't sure if it's okay to prune them now - since they don't
bloom til July. If so, how should I do it? Can I cut back quite
severely. I really want them to bush up and give me a bit of a privacy
screen.

Thank you - Pat

LOL HI HEHEHEHEE