GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mantis 4 cycle Making metal on Metal sound (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/217192-mantis-4-cycle-making-metal-metal-sound.html)

Pedro Grillo 20-08-2020 03:07 PM

Mantis 4 cycle Making metal on Metal sound

Hello Everyone, Im new to this group. Hope someone can help me.
I left my Mantis 4 cycle tiller on its side in the back of the shed for about a month. The tiller starts up fine, no problem. When I tried to use it the engine would rev up but tines were ceased. I worked on them and finally got them untuck and they turn fine except that now I head a metal on metal sound when they turn. Almost like bearings are shot or something is rubbing against a wal inside the transmission?? I opened the gearbox, it was dry ( no water) and plenty of grease. Anyone ever had this issue? Any idea what I should start changing to make it run properly again?

Bob F 06-12-2020 11:27 PM

On 8/20/2020 7:07 AM, Pedro Grillo wrote:
Hello Everyone, Im new to this group. Hope someone can help me.
I left my Mantis 4 cycle tiller on its side in the back of the shed for about a month. The tiller starts up fine, no problem. When I tried to use it the engine would rev up but tines were ceased. I worked on them and finally got them untuck and they turn fine except that now I head a metal on metal sound when they turn. Almost like bearings are shot or something is rubbing against a wal inside the transmission?? I opened the gearbox, it was dry ( no water) and plenty of grease. Anyone ever had this issue? Any idea what I should start changing to make it run properly again?

Have you checked the oil?