Old 23-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Registered User

Default Ineffectiveness of hydrangea colourant

Last year I used hydrangea colourant to turn my deep pink mophead hydrangea blue. I diluted it in accordance with the instructions and applied it once a week from early May to early July. To my disappointment the flowers turned out mauve-purple rather than blue.

I tried again this year in the belief it would take another season to make the soil acidic. But this summer the flowers were actually pinker than last year!

Where did I go wrong? The only thing I can think of is that I didn't fork around the roots before applying the colourant.

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
hydrangea Sabaa Mundia Australia 6 19-06-2003 04:21 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 08-04-2003 11:20 PM
Hydrangea - No Flowers Alan Terry United Kingdom 8 22-10-2002 05:45 PM