Old 17-04-2021, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Predator bird sounds

I need to keep the birds away without hurting them.
Do you have experience with playing non-stop predator sounds?
Does it work in the longer term?

Do you have advice on which predator sounds are best?
And how frequently (non stop or intermittent)?

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 18-04-2021, 02:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/17/2021 12:53 PM, Martin Brown wrote:
I need to keep the birds away without hurting them.
Do you have experience with playing non-stop predator sounds?
Does it work in the longer term?

Do you have advice on which predator sounds are best?
And how frequently (non stop or intermittent)?

As an alternative, try what I do. I take unwanted compact discs, drill
a small hole near the edge and hang them from trees with kite twine.
They spin in the slightest breeze and flash sunlight. However, I do
this only when my fruit is almost ripe because the birds will eventually
get used to the flashing light.

For squirrels, I take an old sock, put a small handful of blood meal in
it, and tie it to a tree. I do this with several socks. Squirrels will
not go where they smell blood. This should also work to discourage
deer. NOTE: This will definitely NOT work with rats or raccoons.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

[IMG] code is On

Blc. Sounds Good wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 07-12-2006 10:58 PM
If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? Peter Gregson Gardening 9 05-11-2003 11:02 PM
Controlling bugs with odors? Sounds promising.. ncstockguy North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
bamboo popping sounds due to humidity changes? Dan Jacobson Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 02:25 PM
Controlling bugs with odors? Sounds promising.. ncstockguy North Carolina 0 06-03-2003 05:51 AM