GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting tulips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/22072-transplanting-tulips.html)

Don Phillipson 12-05-2003 05:08 PM

Transplanting tulips

The stonemasons arrived before the tulips
had blossomed and shed . . . so I transplanted
those that had not yet opened (and was surprised
at the length of the long white stem down to the
bulb.) Will these survive? Will they bloom?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

SugarChile 12-05-2003 05:20 PM

Transplanting tulips

If you got a good clump of dirt and roots with each one, and transplanted
promptly, and put them at the same depth, and watered them in, they should
be fine. Time will tell...

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA