Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Duane Morin

Default Filling holes and "dents" in my lawn

This is probably a FAQ but I can't find it. I have a variety of holes
in my lawn, ranging from tiny but deep ones that look like something a
snake might live in, to larger "indentations" that are just big and
deep enough that if you stepped in one funny you'd twist an ankle, all
the way up to areas of the lawn that look like they're sloping off
more than they should (and perhaps more than they did last year).

I don't think I can do anything about the latter (although I am afraid
about "sinkholes" that my neighbor keeps talking about, Ive heard
those can really screw with your foundation). But as for the other
two, what are they and how to I fix/fill? I have a zillion chipmunks,
are they digging the holes? What can I use to fill in the
anklebreakers?
Old 13-05-2003, 02:20 AM
David J. Bockman

For deep but small depressions, as well as smaller depressions or holes, I
take a tree spade and cut an 'X' over the space to be raised, through the
turf. I then peel the turf back, lay down topsoil (tamp it), and then roll
the turf flaps back into place. You can flip them back several times to
check the levelness, adding or removing soil as required.

Dave

"Duane Morin" wrote in message
om...
This is probably a FAQ but I can't find it. I have a variety of holes
in my lawn, ranging from tiny but deep ones that look like something a
snake might live in, to larger "indentations" that are just big and
deep enough that if you stepped in one funny you'd twist an ankle, all
the way up to areas of the lawn that look like they're sloping off
more than they should (and perhaps more than they did last year).

I don't think I can do anything about the latter (although I am afraid
about "sinkholes" that my neighbor keeps talking about, Ive heard
those can really screw with your foundation). But as for the other
two, what are they and how to I fix/fill? I have a zillion chipmunks,
are they digging the holes? What can I use to fill in the
anklebreakers?

[IMG] code is On

Paving stone dents thedash71 Gardening 0 08-05-2008 06:57 PM
Anyone tried "No Mow" or "Eco-Lawn" grass seed, for low maintenance lawn? DK[_2_] Gardening 0 21-06-2007 07:04 PM
Filling in 'dips' in lawn Scott L. Lawns 0 02-04-2003 12:08 PM
Filling in 'dips' in lawn [email protected] Lawns 10 01-04-2003 01:56 PM
Help sink holes filling my yard GeorgeR Gardening 7 26-03-2003 07:56 PM