Old 24-01-2003, 09:23 PM
loonyhiker

Default 5 inches of snow!

YOU can be the top of my slap list then Tracey! LOL

loony

"Tracey" wrote in message

LOL. Live dangerously. Go for it.

I'm living in Hawaii now. Need I say more?

Tracey

Old 24-01-2003, 09:25 PM
loonyhiker

Sorry Tracey! Now I'M at the top of my hubby's slap list. He said, "Don't
slap Tracey! We might want to go visit sometime!!!!"

loony

"Tracey" wrote in message

You're now at the top of my slap list son. I'm so jealous.

Well, I'm glad I didn't chime in with our forecast.

Tracey

Old 24-01-2003, 10:34 PM
zhanataya

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:03:15 GMT, Tracey wrote:

LOL. Live dangerously. Go for it.

I'm living in Hawaii now. Need I say more?

Tracey

Oh you poor, poor dear. The clear sky, trade winds, perfect gardening
soil must be murderous. G
Old 24-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Jo

"loonyhiker" wrote ...
Hi all! We had 5 inches of snow that came after 1am today. They cancelled
most schools and businesses here. I felt my camellia bush even shiver as I
walked by her. Tonight it is supposed to get so cold here that the
wind-chill will 10 degrees below zero! brrrrr. Is it warm anywhere? If you
have some warm air, please send some my way! I'm ready to do some

gardening.

loony
South Carolina

Only -10?? My husband has been in Saskatchewan for several weeks and last
time he called it was -35.

Br-r-r-r-r.

Old 24-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Jo

"Zeuspaul" wrote ...
The nights are rather chilly here in north county San Diego....low

forties.....brrrr ...

I have to chuckle. I grew up in Winnipeg where temperatures in "the low
forties" refers to forty below zero. ;-)

Old 25-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Tracey

Oh you poor, poor dear. The clear sky, trade winds, perfect
gardening soil must be murderous. G

Oh, I'm so glad you understand! It's been horrid, horrid I
tell you!

And the fact that I can now grow orchids is almost too much
to bear! grin

Tracey

Old 25-01-2003, 02:29 AM
Mickey&Nat

Sorry Loony but please get in line and wait your turn. By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired? All I can do right now is dream of
spring. I haven't seen grass since the first week of December.
You and your
plants try to stay warm,

Natalie

Old 25-01-2003, 02:39 AM
Mickey&Nat

Around here the 40's at night are shorts and sweat shirt weather. The day
time is definitely beach weather. I also am very jealous. Care to trade
spaces for a week or two? LOL

Natalie

Old 25-01-2003, 03:38 AM
Derryl Killan

"Zeuspaul" wrote ...
The nights are rather chilly here in north county San Diego....low

forties.....brrrr ...

I have to chuckle. I grew up in Winnipeg where temperatures in "the low
forties" refers to forty below zero. ;-)

Yeah, it is cold in Calgary at -25 C. tonight. I grew up in Saskatchewan
and we used to go out and play in - 25 F.

Derryl

Old 25-01-2003, 05:08 AM
zhanataya

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:22:41 GMT, Tracey wrote:

Oh you poor, poor dear. The clear sky, trade winds, perfect
gardening soil must be murderous. G

Oh, I'm so glad you understand! It's been horrid, horrid I
tell you!

And the fact that I can now grow orchids is almost too much
to bear! grin

Tracey

OK that did it!. You made the slap list. ;-)

Old 26-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Ann

"Mickey&Nat" expounded:

By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired?

I believe they got 9".

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 26-01-2003, 04:13 AM
zhanataya

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:01:28 -0500, Ann wrote:

"Mickey&Nat" expounded:

By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired?

I believe they got 9".

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 26-01-2003, 05:40 AM
B & J

"zhanataya" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:01:28 -0500, Ann wrote:

"Mickey&Nat" expounded:

By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired?

I believe they got 9".

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Quit gloating, Zhan. 9" by anyone's standards is unusual - even those of us
who come from MN. :-)

John

Old 26-01-2003, 06:20 PM
zhanataya

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:40:28 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

"zhanataya" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:01:28 -0500, Ann wrote:

"Mickey&Nat" expounded:

By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired?

I believe they got 9".

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Quit gloating, Zhan. 9" by anyone's standards is unusual - even those of us
who come from MN. :-)

John

I'll quit gloating if you'll quit bragging.G

zhan
Old 27-01-2003, 03:06 AM
B & J

"zhanataya" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:40:28 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

"zhanataya" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:01:28 -0500, Ann wrote:

"Mickey&Nat" expounded:

By the way do you
know how the Outer Banks of N.C. faired?

I believe they got 9".

Quit gloating, Zhan. 9" by anyone's standards is unusual - even those of

us
who come from MN. :-)

John

I'll quit gloating if you'll quit bragging.G

zhan

That's snow, Zhan, snow! G BTW, are you turning into an icicle in those
temps in the Sunshine State? Rumor has it that it is cold.

John