GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moving spiria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/22421-moving-spiria.html)

Bob Beggin 14-05-2003 01:08 PM

moving spiria

I live in zone 6 and would like to separate my spiria bushes by a few feet.
Is this a good time or should I wait till the fall? They are starting to
grow into one another and they do look lovely, but they are thriving and
will soon overtake one another. Thanks for any help. Bob

Vox Humana 14-05-2003 10:32 PM

moving spiria

"Bob Beggin" wrote in message
.net...
I live in zone 6 and would like to separate my spiria bushes by a few

feet.
Is this a good time or should I wait till the fall? They are starting to
grow into one another and they do look lovely, but they are thriving and
will soon overtake one another. Thanks for any help. Bob

I transplanted some spirea about two weeks ago in my zone 6 garden (Spiraea
x bumalda 'Anthony Waterer' ) and they did just fine. Spirea are very tough
plants. I suppose the ideal time to transplant would be when they are
dormant.