GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   root brand rototiller (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/22756-root-brand-rototiller.html)

Dwight Trumbower 16-05-2003 04:32 AM

root brand rototiller

I have an old rototiller and the only markings are a decal one the
handle. The decal says Root. Anyone have any idea you made it?

Thanks

Dwight

FarmerDill 16-05-2003 04:56 PM

root brand rototiller

I have an old rototiller and the only markings are a decal one the
handle. The decal says Root. Anyone have any idea you made it?

Thanks

Dwight

I cant find any reference to a Root Rototiller among the many antique tiller
groups, It may be redecaled store brand of a regular line, What type of engine
does it have? Is it a rear tine with drive wheels? If a a front tine, does it
use worm drive, gear drive (bevel) or chain drive?

Leon Fisk 21-05-2003 12:32 AM

root brand rototiller

Maybe, (Dwight Trumbower)
Wrote in

I have an old rototiller and the only markings are a decal one the
handle. The decal says Root. Anyone have any idea you made it?

Hi Dwight,

Sorry to come in on this so late...

Is it possible that your decal says "Roof"?

Roof use to make heavy duty lawn mowers. I tried Googling
for some info, but nothing much turned up. I suspect they
went out of business...

Here is some info I still had around:

Roof Equipment Mfg. Co.
Heavy duty walk-behind mowers and brush cutters.
11660 Sterling Ave
Riverside, CA 92503
(909) 354-7600

I found this one link, it appears that maybe Bachtold
Brothers picked up the Roof name?

http://www.roofmowers.com

Hope this helps you out a bit :)

--