Old 24-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Mark or Travis

Default Chilean Fire Tree/Bush Embothrium coccineum

When I planted mine 4 years ago it was about 18 inches tall. Now it is
about 7 feet tall. Any idea when it might bloom. It seems to be an
evergreen variety, at least here.

TIA

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 24-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Mark or Travis" contains these words:

When I planted mine 4 years ago it was about 18 inches tall. Now it is
about 7 feet tall. Any idea when it might bloom. It seems to be an
evergreen variety, at least here.

It is evergreen, and should do well in a mild damp coastal area. There
are some spectacular examples on the west coast of Scotland. The
smallest I've seen in flower was about 12 ft tall, but no idea how old
it was.

Janet

Old 25-01-2003, 03:19 AM
Pam

Oooooh, I am SO jealous! I planted mine about three years ago, it was about
a foot tall. Now it's only about 2 feet!! Maybe it's getting smothered in
all the rest of my jungle. With the size and time in the garden, yours
should bloom in mid- to late June, depending on the weather. Mine should
bloom in 2005, if I'm lucky. Have you ever seen the Heronswood one in
bloom? ohmygawd!!

pam - gardengal

Old 25-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Mark or Travis

"Pam" wrote in message

Oooooh, I am SO jealous! I planted mine about three years ago, it was
about a foot tall. Now it's only about 2 feet!! Maybe it's getting
smothered in all the rest of my jungle. With the size and time in the
garden, yours should bloom in mid- to late June, depending on the
weather. Mine should bloom in 2005, if I'm lucky. Have you ever seen the
Heronswood one in bloom? ohmygawd!!

I have never been to Heronswood but that is where I ordered mine from. I
first saw them in bloom at the Washington Park Arboretum and knew right then
I had to have one. The whole tree looks like it is on fire. I haven't done
anything special to mine just watered it and used some generic rhododendron
fertilizer. It doesn't even get all day sun. I hope you are right about
when mine might bloom.

I stopped by Swansons last Tuesday to talk roses and after talking to your
rose buyer asked about you but you were at a workshop or something. One of
these days we will meet.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 25-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Pam

Mark or Travis wrote:

"Pam" wrote in message

[...]

Ah yes, the two day "managers retreat". Do come by again - I'm typically there
Tuesday through Saturday. Great bunch of seminars and classes being offered this
season and a wonderful sale starting Feb 21. We plan to have some pretty cool
new plants available this season - worth checking them out.

I'm a little curious who the "buyer" was you spoke with, since the real nursery
buyer was with me at the retreat.............:-)

pam

Old 25-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Mark or Travis

"Pam" wrote in message

I'm a little curious who the "buyer" was you spoke with, since the real
nursery buyer was with me at the retreat.....

I don't remember her name. Maybe it was Monday I was there anywho I'm
pretty sure she was a buyer or maybe just the rose "person" that was there
that day she was going to give me a list of the roses you will have for sale
but there was only one copy and it had some mistakes on it.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

[IMG] code is On

Wisteria 'tree', Embothrium and Laburnum arch Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 4 15-05-2008 10:52 AM
Embothrium Sacha United Kingdom 0 24-04-2007 11:13 PM
Embothrium coccineum Sacha United Kingdom 10 12-04-2007 06:23 PM
Feeding embothrium was Grey Water for Garden? Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 2 28-07-2005 06:18 PM
chilean fire bush Green Earth United Kingdom 4 30-07-2003 11:32 PM