GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn edging using a petrol trimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/251-lawn-edging-using-petrol-trimmer.html)

Rocket 25-01-2003 05:32 PM

Lawn edging using a petrol trimmer

Could somebody please explain the best way to do this as I am not very good
at it. Perhaps I just need more practice. I have a HomeLite curved shaft
model if it matters.

Thanks,

--
Rocket
=====

Babberney 25-01-2003 07:46 PM

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:32:41 -0000, "Rocket" wrote:

Could somebody please explain the best way to do this as I am not very good
at it. Perhaps I just need more practice. I have a HomeLite curved shaft
model if it matters.

Thanks,

--
Rocket
=====

straight shaft works better. Beyond that, it's largely a matter of
practice. In my experience, you will, unfortunately, have better luck
if you turn the head so the debris flies toward you instead of away.
Wear long pants and safety glasses (or, better yet, a full-face
shield).

good luck,
keith

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html

pied piper 26-01-2003 10:16 AM

"Rocket" wrote in message
Could somebody please explain the best way to do this as I am not very

good
at it. Perhaps I just need more practice. I have a HomeLite curved shaft
model if it matters.

Thanks,

--
Rocket
=====

do it with shears u lazy sod

J Kolenovsky 26-01-2003 06:26 PM

Lawn edging using a petrol trimmer

In Texas, lawn maintenance folks use straight shaft and protective face
gear. Curved ones take practice. =

You can turn it sideways and cut perpendicular to the grass edge but
that requires bending over a bit more than usual (unless you are real
short). Straights give more of a 45 degree angle for cutting. If you
can't take it back (home depot receipts will take them back, if bought
there up to a year or so and I see you may not have those in the UK),
practice will help you use the tool.

Rocket wrote:
=

Could somebody please explain the best way to do this as I am not very =

good
at it. Perhaps I just need more practice. I have a HomeLite curved shaf=

model if it matters.
=

Thanks,
=