Old 26-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Nitin Madhavan

Default Tree Planting in Housing Colony

I have bought a house in Tambaram, Chennai (Madras), India. The
builders and colony planners have done a very shoddy job leaving very
less space for greenery and trees( to make it a better place). I have
made a schematic sketch of the space between the house wall and the
road. This exists on either side of the road.

Wall------======______======------++++++++++
30cm 28cm 26cm 28cm 30cm
----- Soil
===== Cement
_____ Storm Drain
+++++ Tar Road

We have been told that we cannot put any tree in the soil next to the
drain because it may break the drain. Could you please help me out.
What tree can I plant (probably some tree whose roots go down deep
before spreading. Will the tar road affect the tree? The climate is
generally very hot.

[IMG] code is On

Colony Collapse Disorder Billy[_7_] Edible Gardening 13 24-03-2009 05:30 AM
Borneo: Bulbophyllum ovalifolium colony Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 25-04-2007 04:32 PM
giant ground wasp colony Rob Gardening 19 20-04-2004 06:08 PM
giant digger bee colony Rob Gardening 0 18-04-2004 09:02 PM
Large Crypt Colony for sale Giancarlo Podio Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 10-04-2004 07:02 AM