Old 19-05-2003, 05:08 PM
brojack

Default Where Are The Eastern Tent Caterpillars This Year?

Maryland was inundated the last few years. Has the cool weather
delayed them? Ain't complaining but would like to know.

BroJack
Old 20-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Ann

Fsplink expounded:

I was wondering that same thing. We've got a few this year but nothing
compared to last year. I didn't know they came in cycles.

We were in the middle of the peak for the cankerworms, then along came
those fall moths. Last fall/winter they were flying around like snow,
so we're in for a bad year, I fear. I've already started spraying my
cherry with BT.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA