Old 20-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Ann

Default Asian Mayapples

I've posted a couple pictures of my mayapples over in
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens if anyone would like a peek.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 20-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Cereoid-UR12

They haven't turned up yet.

Podophyllum are one of my favorites.

The diversity of the Asiatic species is amazing.

There are even a few Chinese species not yet named!

Old 20-05-2003, 03:08 AM
SugarChile

Oh, lucky you, they are beautiful. Thanks for posting the pictures.

How do they compare in size to the natives?

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 20-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Cereoid-UR12

There are 11 named Asiatic species ( and six more subspecies and varieties)
in three different sections in contrast to the single North American
species, Podophyllum peltatum. Podophyllum hexandrum is only one of the
Asiatic species. There are at least two more Asiatic species not yet validly
named. The species vary widely in size, leaf shape, flowers and fruit.

link.net...

Old 20-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Ann

"SugarChile" expounded:

Oh, lucky you, they are beautiful. Thanks for posting the pictures.

How do they compare in size to the natives?

They're about 2/3's the size. Then again, they may not be fully
established yet. Their cousins are down in the backyard, I let them
run, and they're huge this year! They've multiplied to a 5'x5' patch!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 20-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Ann

"Cereoid-UR12" expounded:

They haven't turned up yet.

Podophyllum are one of my favorites.

The diversity of the Asiatic species is amazing.

There are even a few Chinese species not yet named!

They were sold to me as Podophyllum hexandrum, hopefully the pictures
will show up soon. I'd love to see others!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 22-05-2003, 12:08 AM

Nice pictures,
Have you seen the variety 'kaleidoscope'? it has wildly variegated leaves and
red flowers. I haven't seen it offered locally yet, it's supposed to be new
this year and probably expensive.
cheers,
Jim
"SugarChile" expounded:

Old 22-05-2003, 08:44 PM

Here's a link with a picture
http://www.terranovanurseries.com/news/podo.html
Jim

In article , Ann
wrote:
expounded:

Nice pictures,

Thank you!

Have you seen the variety 'kaleidoscope'? it has wildly variegated leaves and

red flowers. I haven't seen it offered locally yet, it's supposed to be new
this year and probably expensive.

Oooh, no, I haven't, I'll have to keep my eyes open. If it grows as
slowly as these, I can see why it'd be expensive, at least until they
get the stock better established.

Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Ann

expounded:

Here's a link with a picture
http://www.terranovanurseries.com/news/podo.html
Jim

Oh, now ya did it. I've gotta have one of each! How beautiful.
Marilyn (Maddy) don't even look!!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA