Old 27-01-2003, 01:27 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Article of toxic levels of arsenic and other chems...

zhanataya wrote:
=

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:10:07 GMT, animaux
wrote:
=

Not only dangerous, they are saying levels more toxic than toxic waste=

dumps. I
do agree all this grand standing is politically motivated, only becau=

se
politicians are always motivated by politics!

We use tons and tons and tons of synthetic weed and feed products on o=

ur soils.
They are just now exposing what inert matter goes into these products =

to make a
bag weight 40 pounds. A lot of cadmium, arsenic, boron, and many othe=

r toxic
waste products which I don't have dedicated to memory just now.

The levels of atrazine, which is the herbicide found in most weed and =

feed
products has been in the water for years. The organic community has k=

nown about
this non-listed, sometimes toxic waste filler in synthetic fertilizers=

for a
long time. I recall posting it to this very newsgroup at least 7 year=

s ago.
But people laughed and Riley made his usual snipes. Now we have kids=

with
unexplained cancers and toads, frogs and other life showing up with bi=

rth
defects.

Eh.

=

I'm not poo-pooing the seriousness of the problem or the possible
consequences to the swimmers. I guess I'm just jaded. I don't trust
anything I read in the paper anymore. It seems to me we don't get
news, we get the reporters opinion of the news, and the same for those
talking heads on tv that pass themselves off as reporters.
=

I think we could do a lot towards lessening the problem with
gardening/agriculture chemicals runnoff and contamination if the storm
drains were connected to the sewer system and went through treatment
plants. But I'm afraid the cost would rival the defense budget.

Especially now.

Zhan

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html
Old 27-01-2003, 05:37 PM
D Kat

Well it does turn out that science (real science that is) is not a static
field of study. We know more now than we did 75 years ago. It isn't that
long ago that women took arsenic to make their complexion more
"Pale"........ , that doctors refused to believe that THEY could possibly
be the agents of disease as they went from one birthing mother to the next,
delivering babies without cleaning their hands and killing one woman after
another, that "witches" were drowned because if they didn't drown it would
prove they were witches... how do you like that no win situation for women
in a man's world....

"zhanataya" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:01:31 GMT, "Bob"
wrote:

What are you suggesting? That because 75 years have elapsed, there can't

be
a problem? That pollution is a political problem, not a health problem?

What
does "agenda" have to do with it when tests show dangerous levels of
pollutents?

Bob

Just _ now_ finding a pollution problem caused by a plant that has
been closed 75 years. Why? I guess I'm just not as trusting of
government officials as you.

Zhan

Old 27-01-2003, 05:54 PM
zhanataya

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:37:19 -0500, "D Kat"
wrote:

Well it does turn out that science (real science that is) is not a static
field of study. We know more now than we did 75 years ago. It isn't that
long ago that women took arsenic to make their complexion more
"Pale"........ , that doctors refused to believe that THEY could possibly
be the agents of disease as they went from one birthing mother to the next,
delivering babies without cleaning their hands and killing one woman after
another, that "witches" were drowned because if they didn't drown it would
prove they were witches... how do you like that no win situation for women
in a man's world....

Your post proves the resiliency and superiority of women. We aren't
there now are we? Any woman worth her salt can handle the men.

zhan (ducking for cover behind the garden shrubs)
Old 27-01-2003, 06:17 PM
D Kat

It is about time that the world moved back into being a woman's
world.... Not that I think men and women should not be treated equally...
just that it seems it is now time for women to have the majority of control
so we can see if the old tale is true...

Give a male child sticks and he will play shoot and kill.
Give a female child sticks and she will build a house.

P.S. both of my children are male and are firm believers in peace and
building rather than destroying

Old 27-01-2003, 06:41 PM
zhanataya

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:17:08 -0500, "D Kat"
wrote:

It is about time that the world moved back into being a woman's
world.... Not that I think men and women should not be treated equally...
just that it seems it is now time for women to have the majority of control
so we can see if the old tale is true...

Give a male child sticks and he will play shoot and kill.
Give a female child sticks and she will build a house.

P.S. both of my children are male and are firm believers in peace and
building rather than destroying

I think we're just the same as all the other animals on this planet.
Each sex has a given role to play. The only differences being our
ability of analytical thinking combined with opposing thumbs. Women
do better with the thinking part and men with their superior upper
body strength do better with the thumbs.

zhan